We are currently on the lookout for
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning. In recent years, we have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences. Our capability to solve complex learner experience problems allows us to specialise in learning strategy, experience, content, design, and development. As a result, our learning experience practice has grown rapidly and will continue to grow across Australia, Asia and the United Kingdom.
We seek creative, curious, and energetic people to join our growing learning experience practice. Your passion for education shines through in everything you do, but you are grounded in education theory. You like to challenge yourself and clients. But also know when you need to focus to deliver to timelines as a member of a high performing team.
We have a current need for multiple ongoing learning designers to work in our team with higher education and TAFE providers. Our team is cross-sectoral, and while we expect most applicants to specialise in one sector you may view this as an opportunity to broaden your experience.
You will have experience in either (or both) of the following:
- Higher education: extensive experience in the design of learning experiences in a leading university, recognising the importance of working closely with academic colleagues and subject matter experts.
- Vocational and Educational Training: extensive experience in the design of learning experiences in a TAFE or vocational training institution, working subject matter experts and teachers, and including assessment design, content writing and documentation as required.
We are also interested in applications from Learning Designers who are available on a part time or contract basis.
- Design and develop effective learning resources and activities in a range of higher education and/or vocational education areas.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and teaching staff to co-design and create innovative online learning experiences.
- Work independently or in a distributed team using a variety of collaboration tools.
- Write high quality student facing material to appropriate AQF and industry standards.
- Communicate effectively and professionally individually and in teams including client stakeholders and colleagues at Curio.
Selection Criteria (required)
- A Bachelors degree.
- Two to five years' experience working in a TAFE/higher education/University learning and teaching environment.
- Experience in designing and developing online learning content.
- Understanding of learning theories, pedagogical practices and their relationship to emerging educational technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and external stakeholders at all levels, and the ability to effectively explain complex educational ideas.
- High-level problem-solving skills and an ability to be adaptive and innovative.
- Experience in the use and integration of educational technologies, rich/interactive media and digital content/resources in curriculum design, within a learning management system.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and autonomy.
- A Masters or PhD.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Dual-sector experience would be an advantage.
- Capacity to interact with and critically evaluate new and emerging learning technologies and identify avenues to innovation and improvement in current teaching and learning practices.
- Work with a collegial multidisciplinary team of highly skilled and motivated education experts in a fast-growing Australian education start-up.
- A flexible work environment utilising industry best practice in human-centred design and driven by a design thinking approach.
- An opportunity to make a genuine difference to the design of online and hybrid experiences that transform and empower learners.
- Significant career advancement opportunities as Curio grows.
- Opportunity to work with a range of world leading education and corporate clients.
- $100 monthly technology allowance.